Montgomery Teen Learning Center
The Montgomery Teen Learning Center provides a full school day, Tennessee Department of Education approved, alternative school and HiSET (GED) Program for youth 14-18 years of age. These youth have been brought to the juvenile court’s attention due to school/community problems resulting from extensive truancy, school zero-tolerance offenses, and status offenses. Many of these issues are brought on by low self-esteem, little or no socialization skills, poor academic performance, lack of behavior control, and poor decision making. These youth seem unaffected by traditional disciplinary procedures and may or may not be identified with special education needs. Services are tailored to the needs of each child and family in order to break the cycle of school failure and juvenile court involvement.
As a State approved school, the Genesis Teen Learning Center program enables our students to continue their efforts toward graduation, earning Carnegie credits toward a high school diploma or preparing for the High School Equivalence Test (HiSet/GED) exam.
- Focus on Individualized Educational Service Plan
- Highly motivational experiential learning program
- Strong behavior management
- Educational strategies integrated with technology; computers in each classroom equipped with appropriate educational software
- Job readiness training to promote financial independence and self-esteem
- Cultural diversity and socialization
- Independent living skills training
- Group and Individual Counseling – Weekly group counseling conducted by social workers centers on self-concept, values, decision making, goal setting, crisis intervention and cognitive behavior management. In addition, social workers provide individual counseling to each student.
- Community Service Projects to include visiting local nursing homes, participating in recycling projects, food drives.
- Truancy Prevention– Incentive programs and daily family contact
- Breakfast and Lunch – The program participates in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch and Breakfast Program. Hot meals meeting Federal Lunch Program requirements are served daily.
- State Testing – The Rutherford Teen Learning Center administers all testing required by the Tennessee Department of Education.
- Free and Reduced Breakfast and Lunch Program.
- Transportation Services providing door to door transportation each day.
Quality Individualized Education
The smaller setting with additional individualized attention allows us the ability to provide innovative services to meet the needs of each of our clients.
Montgomery Teen Learning Center can only accept students that are referred by the Montgomery County Juvenile Court with whom we contract. Genesis Learning Centers does not offer private tuition services.
Program Manager: Pam Byrd, MS
Phone: 931-647- 8474
Fax: 931-647- 6929
1881-D Fort Campbell Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37042