Genesis Academy is a private non-profit school for special needs children and youth. We have been part of the Nashville and Middle Tennessee education community for over 33 years. Genesis offers this therapeutic special education day school for 1st through 12th grade students. Typically, our unique students have been identified with emotional and psychiatric disorders, learning disabilities, intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, dual-diagnosis, and/or developmental delays.
As an approved school by the Tennessee Department of Education, students may earn high school credits and may be awarded an academic or exceptional education diploma at graduation. Here, children and adolescents are given the chance to reach their full potential not only as students, but also as total individuals. Our certified and caring staff provides a wide range of academic, life skills, and therapeutic services.
- Minimum of one staff member for every four students
- Specialized curriculum and materials
- School social work services
- Counseling and behavior management
- Transition services to school and community
- Vocational planning and readiness
- Playground and daily outdoor recreation time
- Free and Reduced Breakfast and Lunch Program
- Student community service projects
- Computer learning lab and classroom technology
- Supplemental materials and field trips to enhance learning experiences
Exceptional Learning Environment
Each student at Genesis Academy receives services designed to meet their specific needs targeting deficit areas while building on individual strengths; this includes focus on each child’s educational, emotional, behavioral, social, ecological, and vocational goals. Individual Educational Plans (IEPs) are carefully developed and reviewed regularly with our students and their families. We want every one of our children to have a positive and adaptive learning environment. It is our hope that each child we touch will experience significant personal growth and improvement.
Genesis Academy can only accept students that are referred by the county public and charter school systems within Middle Tennessee with whom we contract. Genesis Learning Centers does not offer private tuition services.
Director: Melissa Adams, BSSW
Principal: Megan Pyle, MS
Phone: (615) 832-4222
Fax: (615) 832-4577
430 Allied Drive
Nashville, TN 37211